Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 12 - Kaplan's RC Strategy

Heavy week with loads of work in the office. Today I reached home early, taking some rest and thereby gathering more time to study - thanks to my headache !

I went on with RC strategy on Kaplan. I did a few pages, but I am really not sure if Kaplan's method will work for me as far as RC is concerned. Even after reading pages, I resumed to my own mode of solving RC questions. And I guess that works out better for me till now. But I am trying to go through Kaplan's method and start applying it, because it gives me the luxury of quickly reaching for the area of the passage where the answer is located.

Again the key is to concentrate. It will take just 2 to 3 minutes to read through the entire passage once clearly and absorb the important data, and jot it down. Given this concentration level, it is definitely easy to answer the questions that come along. Somehow if you happen to get a topic that interests you, well and good. I guess RC will then be manageable. So far, topics on Biology and Paleontology are the only scary topics that I keep seeing over and over again, where details are discussed as supposedly scary, but I felt every read good. Lets see, maybe some other topics will make me feel bitter about RC.

Material Covered:
Kaplan GMAT Premier 2011 - Pages 147 to 168

No comments:

Post a Comment