Friday, March 11, 2011

Let me introduce...


Dear Reader,

A warm welcome to my blogpage!

Let me introduce myself first. I am an Engineering graduate from one of the top 5 engineering institutes in India. I work for an IT services organization, for almost 3 years now. I started my higher studies journey with basic word lists, with which I was never successful. Engineering remained my passion for a long time, when I suddenly saw a shift in myself, saying, MBA is what I want. Though I still feel attracted to the world of technology and its depths, I feel passionate about MBA.

Being in India, I attempted CAT and other management entrance exams. I will not say I gave my 100%, but for what I gave, I got the result. Time doesn’t stop for anyone, and this holds true for me. I feel its high time, I started thinking about doing an MBA with international exposure, and yes, GMAT is the first step towards my goal.

As Wiki puts it, “The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT, pronounced /ˈdʒiːmæt/ JEE-mat) is a computer-adaptive standardized test in mathematics and the English language for measuring aptitude to succeed academically in graduate business studies. Business schools commonly use the test as one of many selection criteria for admission into graduate business administration programs (e.g. MBA, Master of Accountancy, etc.) principally in the United States, but also in other English-speaking countries.”

I have been discussing with quite a few friends about how to prepare for GMAT, and how much time does a person effectively need for GMAT etc. These discussions happening for quite a while now, I feel the need to get started.

Having prepared for around 3 months for Indian Management Entrance Tests, I feel I have decent quantitative skills that is required for GMAT. And considering that I am not so accurate at spotting errors in verbal area, and critical reasoning, I feel the need to concentrate more on these areas. So my primary focus is on tuning my math skills, in addition to speed and accuracy; and tuning my verbal ability.

Having said this, I am planning to give my daily updates on how I go about preparing for GMAT. Working during the day, gives me around 2 hours in the evening to prepare. So my schedule for the day would be 2 hours. And I will post whatever I learn, with relevant references and clarifications on this blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment