Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 4 - CR Elimination Strategy and QA Rate problems

As I said, I have not been keeping well last week. My good friend visited me over the weekend, and we had a really good time, discussing everything under the sun.

I could hardly squeeze in time to sit to study. I was surrounded by people all day long. And yes, it felt good to meet friends after a long time.. This week I am gearing up for my roomie's wedding. She is a close friend more than a roomie.

Yes, I worked on a couple of CR questions, and a few Age and Rate related problems. This was just to make sure that I didnt lose touch with something that is of prime importance at the moment.

I happened to discuss a CR question with a friend, who got admitted to one of the best B-Schools in the world. And I learnt just elimination can solve half of the problem. And how we attach importance to every single word of the CR arguement is very important.

Though it was just one CR question that I discussed with him, I learnt a lot. It is good to share your knowledge with a friend who is preparing for GMAT. I have not been thoroughly active in forums, but I guess doing so, will do a lot of good.

Rate problems are sometimes my strength and sometimes not. I think Manhattan Word Translation guide can do a good deal in strengthening my base for these problems.

And yes, I have been reading 'The Tipping Point' by Malcolm Gladwell, for almost half a month now, in bits and pieces, and I should say, its a great book. It is something almost none of us have been investigating much about.

I will not be so active for another week now, though I will write a couple of posts as and when I study.

Material used:
Manhattan GMAT Word Translations - Chapter 2
www.platinumgmat.com (This site has good practice problems to utilize free hours in the workplace.. They are fun too.. )

Tips:
Subscribe to Daily Verbal and Math question from BTG (Beat The GMAT). It really helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment